The New Year is almost here. For many people, that means it is time to set a resolution for something they want to accomplish in 2017. If you’re not sure what you would like to change, here are five New Year’s resolutions for your car to consider.
- Drive distraction-free. Make 2017 the year of safe driving. Put your phone away and focus your attention on your driving. You might be surprised how much better you get behind the wheel.
- Drive more efficiently. This goal will help you accomplish two things: you’ll save money on gas and be a calmer driver. One of the biggest wastes of fuel is aggressive driving. Relax and be a courteous driver and you’ll spend less on gas.
- Take care of your car. If you take care of your car using its recommended maintenance schedule, you can potentially avoid a lot of major repairs. This means, get your oil changed, tires rotated, filters changed, and more, all on time. Look in your owner’s manual for the schedule.
- Buckle up. Enforce a strict seatbelt rule in your car. Make everyone buckle up, no matter their age, before you start driving.
- Learn basic maintenance. Learn how to change a tire, change your oil, or other basic maintenance procedures.
Are you planning to attempt any of these car-themed resolutions next year?